Friday, March 14, 2008

Forgetting Something

It is a beautiful day here in Gasperini-Ville as we rejoice in the new life of our "sweet baby J"! You'll have to ask me in person about his precious new name!

The sun is shining and the temperatures promise to boast near 60F. Pinch me, are we still in the midwest? The Lord is definitely showing us His mercy!

To celebrate the beauty of the day, I promised the boys a trip to feed the ducks, which soon turned into a trip down the street to our neighborhood park. It was all I could muster while also toting our large yellow lab.
We busied ourselves getting ready...
*2 boys dressed
*2 pairs of socks/2 pairs of shoes, tied
*2 pb & j sandwiches
*2 drink cups with juice and water
*1 apple cut up and placed in a tupperware
*1 diaper changed/1 toddler to the potty
*2 coats and 2 zippers
*2 boys in the wagon with two strap snaps
*1 dog with 2 collars
*1 set of car keys
*1 jacket for mom, laden with cell phone for emergency
*1 lock on the door...
And we were off.

Only for us to get about 200 yards down the street when this prego mama realized she had forgotten something.
A big something.
What about mom's trip to the bathroom? Oops!
Don't worry, I just have a baby sitting on my bladder.
I am happy to report, though, I made it... to the playground and back; just in time.

PARENTING: one of the most selfless ventures a person can take in life-- even sometimes requiring the denial of bladder. :) lol.

God bless you today!

5 comments:

Blair said...

Congrats on your 3rd little boy!!! And yeah, I remember the constant bathroom visits during pregnancy...one day I think I counted 24 potty breaks! I had to LOL the other day when a pregnant mom of 6 at the park admitted she just wears Depends these days :O

Shannon said...

congratulations!!! how wonderful for your boys to have a little brother along the way!
blessings to all of you!

Shannon said...

congratulations!!! how wonderful for your boys to have a little brother along the way!
blessings to all of you!

elissa said...

I love the name you guys picked out! I was talking to your mom on Friday and she told me. So cute!
Congrats!

The Ballee Girls said...

Gasperinis! Congratulations on little boy #3! Fantastic!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers