Thursday, March 13, 2008

Hanging by a string

You poor folks!

I've left you hanging by a string all day... Imagine my fear when GG said that he'd like to wait to open the gender envelope until tonight! Are you kidding me?! :) I am WAY too impatient to wait all day for such news!! Thankfully, I was able to convince him to a lunch out and celebration of the news with the boys in tow.

We headed to McDonald's of all places (lol), grateful for the boys' distraction and merriment while GG and I talked over the blessing of our HEALTHY baby! Thanks be to God for the blessing of another healthy child. I cannot say how much this news relieves my motherly heart! Whew!! :) The ultrasound revealed a precious baby, complete with all parts and lounging with its feet crossed and hands behind its head. We laughed at the image--already kicking back! :)

Then came the time to open the envelope... where we discovered... we're having...
another boy!

We are absolutely thrilled by this news, knowing our boys will be so blessed to have one another and be so close in age! Hallelujah! Mimi also brought up that with three little guys so close in age, we could actually have all of them share a room--bunk beds and a twin bed. Now that's space efficiency! lol.

After sharing in the joy of our friend, Graeme's, wedding this past weekend, we are especially joyful in learning of our third little man. Graeme is one of four amazing boys, his relationship with his brothers such a testament of God's love and brotherly affection emanating from his parents. I know many all-boy families, who are equally as inspiring! What fun to join their ranks... :) In the words of Graeme, "GG, you only produce men." How cute! :) lol.

And don't you just love how I typed this whole post in pink, just to throw you off?!
So sorry to play with your perceptions. :)

From a male-dominated Gasperini-Ville (4 vs. 1 with a male dog!), I write with complete satisfaction.
Thanks be to God for the blessing of His Love and Provision.
God bless you today!

8 comments:

Jessica said...

WOOHOO! I have been compulsively checking your blog today, just dying to find out what you're having. How exciting!! Praise God for good health!!!!!

Rachel said...

I've been thinking about you ALL day, and rushed to the computer as soon as I got home from our afternoon outing to get the news. I am so so happy for you. Jon is one of three boys and they are SO close and have loads of fun together -- even today at almost 30! Believe it or not, they talk to each other on the phone EVERY DAY. I secretly have hopes of a houseful of boys myself (God-willing)!

Praise the Lord that you will have FOUR boys loving on you!

Hugs Hugs Hugs

Carolina Girl said...

Another boy!! I was totally faked out by your pink writing. You and the other gals from CO are such an inspiration to this new Mom. I'm such a worrier (is he sleeping too much? too little?, etc) and you all are making me feel so much better about things. Thanks for your phone call the other night. Couldn't come at a better time.

Ms. Fitz on the road said...

Hooray! That baby is so lucky to be a part of such a fabulous family. You will love having sons and it only gets better as they get older! I hope I get to teach them all in a few years! Enjoy!

Kim F said...

Love it Beef!!!!!!! You got me with the pink font:-) So happy for you guys (and gal)! Yippeee!

Elso said...

Yay!!!! Boys are so much fun, exhausting, but so entertaining. I'm so happy he's healthy and has all his parts. I'm looking forward to hearing his name.

papa said...

Men rule in the Gasperini empire...except in the Colorado wing of the family. I am absolutely thrilled and overjoyed that we will now have "more boys" for "more pillows." Strike up the music!!! (This is an inside joke that GG, B Mama, M and T will understand).

va mama said...

Let's just say that males are the prominent progeny in the Gasperini clan....and I'd rather prefer to say that actually the women rule!!! Love you...XX, XY's and all!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers