Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Oh Baby!

By a stroke of luck, we had our midway ultrasound moved to--TOMORROW morning!

I spent a majority of my morning today on the phone with the insurance company, getting to the bottom of a physician assignment threatening to postpone my appointments for two weeks! Thankfully, after calling my midwife's office, they were kind enough to work me in early, avoiding all sorts of future problems. Now we're good to go and can't believe we'll be meeting our little baby so soon!

One of the traditions I've kept with both boys has been writing letters to them throughout the pregnancy, the first written before the first ultrasound. Guess I'm going to have to squeeze that one in tonight before bedtime. "Dearest little one..." What's fun is that the next letter then addresses the baby by name. We just love to name our little ones while they're in utero. The sooner we can "get to know" the baby, the better. The blessing of time in pregnancy is never to be re-gained

Another of our traditions is to have the ultrasound tech write the gender of the baby on a card and seal it tightly! We will then take it out to a restaurant, open it, and celebrate the new life together!! This is such a fun pastime, introduced to us through friends of ours in Colorado. We've really enjoyed it with both boys. I can keenly remember sitting at dinner with GG before opening our little M's envelope. GG said, "What's in this envelope is the difference between football practices and ballet lessons." I think we were both relieved upon learning M was a little boy! Whew! :) I can also remember GG telling his brother soon after that we had decided to name the baby "Nigel" and Uncle C responding with, "Oh, really?" We cracked up immediately and shared with him M's real name. Too funny! Don't worry, I won't pull any fast ones on you all!

I will write again with news as soon as we know more...
God bless and thanks for your prayers for this little one!

1 comment:

Jaime said...

oh my goodness!!! This is so stressful! (In a really fun way of course!)...can't wait. I have my hunches, but I'll hold my tongue.;)

love to you and GG.:)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers