Saturday, March 29, 2008

Leapsters!

Well, I have to say, I never thought it possible... but Leapfrog has done it again! In the span of one week, our little M has gone from knowing a few letters with little interest to being a regular ABC guy, spouting letters and letter sounds right and left! The Leapster Leap Pad is the cutest hand-me-down we've received from our cousins. They passed it on last weekend and M loves it! Each of the pages is interactive, allowing the kiddos to touch and learn. T-baby has even gotten into it (when available and not snatched from his reach!) There are three levels available, the second of which is perfect for T's age. Pretty cool! I never saw it coming, but I think I like the Leap Pad.

Now we're onto successfully spelling out M's name--and he's doing pretty darn well, if I do say so myself. This is really just me pointing to the letters of his name and him shouting them out. He is so proud when all is done and I just love to see him learn and excel. Oh the teacher in me! Just had to share. :)

Hope you are all enjoying a blessed weekend!
GG and I purged a trunkload of "stuff" today at Salvation Army. What an awesome feeling! Moving is the best! We are thinking of faking a move every few years in the future just to purge our excess. The closet packrat in me is feeling quite liberated. I totally recommend it!

God bless!

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Way to M! Having fun and learning at the same time...can't beat it. T looks so tall in that picture!

Carolina Girl said...

Good job M! It really must be fulfilling to watch him get so excited about letters! Way to go Mom!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers