Monday, March 24, 2008

Moving On Up

This morning GG and I spent over two hours cleaning the whirlwind we call "home"! :)

Why such an endeavor? The moving coordinator was coming to estimate our moving lb'age. Hallelujah!! We treated it as if Christ, Himself, was coming to visit our place. What a great motivator toward cleanliness.

Here are a few thoughts I had during the process:
1. Yuck. The amount of dustbunnies, clutter, and excessive things I encountered was almost nauseating!
2. Children are messy. End of story. Before GG and I had kids, our place was spotless. What has happened? :)
3. We are SPOILED and have too much of everything. It's time to hit Goodwill and bigtime!
4. This move is going to be SO good for our family, helping us to streamline in every respect. Thank the good Lord for that!
5. What have I been doing with my time to cause my house to end up in such a state? I don't feel like I slack on a day-to-day basis, but I'm obviously overlooking chores and details that desperately need to be done! Any suggestions? My Flylady daily chore reminder has merely become another email I delete! Help!
6. When it's all said and done, cleanliness is close to godliness. No question. The feeling of our tidy home right now is worth a million bucks.
7. Due to #6, I'm tempted to budget a cleaning lady once we move to Virginia!! She'd be worth her weight in gold.

Hope you all enjoyed a blessed Easter!
Weekend pics to come!
God bless!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

it's nice to be back and checking in! good luck with the cleaning!!

Right Said Red said...

I say go with the cleaning lady. We do once a month and it is really nice to avoid all that dusting and deep cleaning. I can maintain for the rest of the month.

Red

Lilypie First Birthday tickers