Friday, April 20, 2007

Sunnier Thoughts

After writing the piece below (thank you for bearing with my roller coaster emotions!), I sat down again to say we're really alright. The boys are well, GG and I are healthy, the sun is shining, and we have a Gracious God, who loves us so much. What's not to celebrate?

*Here's a shot of M and his twin cousins from the past weekend. M started the drum phenomenon, using two breakfast spoons to pound on an upside-down block bin. Soon, his cousins joined in, banging on some of Gramz' pots. They went on and on... M would bang for awhile and then switch rooms. The twins would follow.

We've been saying all along we have a musician in the making as M is (still) transfixed by music playing on the stereo. His latest faves include John Mayer (one of Mom's) and Toddler Tunes. He and I dance together throughout the day, depending on what's playing. Sometimes he'll request to get down from a meal in order to boogie. Very cute. Is it weird that I'm already imagining dancing with him on his wedding day? That's if he doesn't become a priest.

*T continues his quest to be independent and scrumptious at the same time. I can't get enough kisses of his cheeks, yet he wants to be off discovering the world. I'm already having to
let go! After reading an article about hard addictions (chemical dependencies) vs. the fairly new "soft addictions" (excessive coffee, TV, internet, etc.), I've decided my favorite "soft" addiction are those T cheeks. How wonderfully squishable and kissable...

No comments:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers