Saturday, April 28, 2007

Ode to our coffee table

Today GG fell through a glass and wicker coffee table we've had as a hand-me-down from his parents. He was sitting on it, holding T-man while watching the NFL draft. I shrieked and the kids cried in response... and all were fine in the aftermath. That is, except for the table.

Ode to fair table

You were a good, old boy.
You allowed many years of feet resting and glass holding.
You endured thousands of hours of college football Saturdays and nonsensical TV surfing.
You sat in the unused times, waiting to serve your purpose.
You hoped for a Pride and Prejudice marathon or, perhaps, an epic viewing of Anne of Green Gables.
You prayed for a rare dinner in front of the TV.
You were solid and sturdy.
You were rather grand.
Until today.
We will miss you.

G-mus Grandus Coffeus Tableus

1980-2007

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You hoped for a Pride and Prejudice marathon or, perhaps, an epic viewing of Anne of Green Gables.

..well that makes one of us. Lol.

Ryan

B-Mama said...

You have to be a woman (or GG) to understand! I love that my hubby enjoys those flicks. haha ;)

Kellie said...

Don't worry, my hubby enjoys them too! And I must take credit for turning both of the Gasperini's into Pride and Prejudice fans.

B-Mama said...

Kel, you're so right. I owe my PP and AOGG loves to you. Thank goodness for 'dead week' senior year for you to introduce me to lovable Anne and co. PP came at a later Thanksgiving break rendezvous. Fantastic!

Ryan said...

GG loves Anne of Green Gables?!? Well I suppose that explains M's high heels...

;-)

Ryan

Jen said...

Thanks for the link to your blog! So sorry about the table. :-(

Anonymous said...

Ok. Let's get this straight. Anne of Green Gables is fine, but the real reason I have watched it in the past is either because it was the only thing on while making a road trip, or I was procrastinating from doing studying. Pride & Prejudice (A&E version), on the other hand, now that's a great flick!

-GG

Lilypie First Birthday tickers