Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Working for the good

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

This verse has been on my heart all day, repeating itself as my subconscious deals with issues far beyond our day-to-day. What hope it gives--that God works for the good for those of us who love him. What a precious and optimistic sentiment.

The Good Word especially called out loudly today as I was sharing our future "plan" if GG has to return to the Army and Iraq. Where would we live? How would we get there? Who would help? were a few of the questions on the mind of the person with whom I was sharing. Inside I began to feel that familiar panicky sensation that returns when I don't really have a plan and I don't have things laid out in my mind. The control freak in me surfaces and I begin to doubt the Romans message above.

But then the words ring out clearly...

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

And I am brought back to the reality that we can make it; we can feel "at home" wherever God chooses to plant us; we can endure any situation and come out with our heads above water.

All things are possible. All outcomes are for the good, no matter how they may seem here on earth to our limited human minds. God's in control. We're not. And in the end, that's the way I'd prefer it to be.

God bless you today.

No comments:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers