Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Strike 3

In the baseball world, three strikes and you're out!

Thankfully not for T-baby; though we've been close to sending him packing with a bottle and some formula for the last few days. This week T has gone on nursing strike #3 after biting Mom twice and getting an adverse reaction (can you blame me?)

Funny enough, the illness (mentioned in the last posting) might be solving our feeding woes, getting us back on track for the last month of a 12-mos. nursing program (sounds like a degree!) We are seeing it through and I'm thrilled about it... Breastfeeding has been such an endearing time with the boys. I'm so glad to have had the privilege to nurse them. And I'm not done yet.

The reason for these thoughts is I wanted to promote nursing via a really cool, hip product that just came to my attention. It is way cute and chic and all pregos should be in line at the store to buy one immediately (that is, if you plan to breastfeed!) I can remember many-an-embarrassing moment nursing in public and this little contraption should help. The Bebe Au Lait (or "Hooter Hider") is the perfect solution.

You better believe it will be on my registry for child #3! Just what GG wants, another reason for me to nurse in public and humiliate him! Poor guy... :) At least with this thing, there's more modesty involved!

And aren't the patterns the cutest?!

God bless.
**As I type, T-baby plays happily to my left. Fever completely gone! Hallelujah!

3 comments:

B-Mama said...

Oh cg, relax! :) It is a natural thing that mothers with babies talk about... At least I didn't get too descriptive! You're lucky I withheld--haha :)

Yasmel said...

I don't cover up when nip. God created breasts to feel our children and I am happy to do that. Nothing sexual or humiliating about it.

BTW, you have beautiful kids.

B-Mama said...

I do have to say, my hubby is a WONDERFUL supporter of our decision for me to breastfeed our children, despite his public nursing modesty. These days, I no longer can nurse T-baby in public bc he gets so easily distracted... I miss the early months when I could nurse anywhere!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers