Thursday, July 12, 2007

To the ER after all...

GG, T-babe, and I became intimately acquainted with the ER here last night, or shall I say, this morning. We headed in around 12:30am when T's temperature took a scary turn toward 105F after being down all day! The poor thing was so hot, tired, thirsty, and whimpering the entire time. What a sweet, little trooper!

I remember being sick as a child and hearing my mom say she wished she could assume the illness for me so I didn't have to suffer. My grandfather had expressed the same sentiments to her as a child. And now I can completely understand the logic behind such feelings. To see your little one racked with fever leaves you feeling completely helpless and vulnerable. My poor baby! I would have taken his place in a heartbeat. All parents out there can completely understand.

Well, after many pokes, prods and blood sticks, an antibiotic shot, and three very tired Gasperinis later, T-baby was diagnosed with an ear infection. Can you imagine?! The doc still thinks something additional is going on (potentially bacterial, but also possibly viral), so we're taking a very conservative antibiotic route and keeping on the fluids. If we don't see improvement within 24-48 hours, we'll head back to the ER. We would so appreciate your continued prayers for his health!

And thanks be to God, the ER accepted T's Indiana health insurance. Hallelujah! It was such a blessing to learn his coverage had been approved upon our departure from the hospital. That was one thing in our favor!

Off to tend to the sick one... God bless you and your health today!

1 comment:

Blair said...

Oh no. Prayers for you and baby! We had an exciting ER visit over the weekend and it's not a place I like to hang out (though I have too many times). Hoping he gets better very soon!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers