Saturday, July 7, 2007

Silent Prayers

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee...

What would it be like to be the mother of Jesus?
How would it feel to be full of grace?

Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

I pondered these things today while praying this silent prayer.
Mary was an incredible woman and mother. I imagine her being so full of grace that she could only have been completely graceful and peaceful. I sigh deeply every time I think of Mary. Thoughts of her are so calming.

If only I could be more like her in the day-to-day--when the children are crying, when I can't find my sunglasses, when the car keys are missing, when I've lost the kids' sunblock, when we've missed the boat tour and have to wait another hour before the next one, when my toddler fails to eat a good lunch, when the same toddler awakens as I attempt to transfer him mid-nap from the car to his bed...

These are just a few of the moments from our day today when I could have been a little more graceful... a little more like Mary; ultimately, a little more like Christ.

Have any moments like these today? If so, I hope you've been blessed through them.

No comments:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers