Thursday, July 26, 2007

Taking some time

...for the Son of God. He so deserves it!

Thank you to Jen for the Meme tag in which I must come up with 5 things I love about Christ. While it should be so easy, I'm initially somewhat stumped. Gosh, we're talking about part of the Triune God; the human component of the "dream team"--Father, Son, and Holy Spirit! Overwhelming, to say the least!! :)


5 things I love about Jesus:

1) He was so humble. He came to the world as a vulnerable infant in the meekest of settings. He loved all people with the greatest of compassion and never boasted of his kingly status. He was Christ, yet dined in the homes of sinners. His overall humility has always inspired great awe in me.

2) He had conviction--the perfect compliment to #1. With complete humility, Christ assured the people he was the Real Deal. He knocked over tables, He passionately proclaimed his message because He knew it was his mission to save the people. I love the idea of perfect humility coupled with perfect conviction. It strikes such a resonating chord in my heart! Way to go, Christ!

3) He was a storyteller. Nothing captivated me more as a child than the Parables of Christ. What a powerful teaching tool he used to share the Gospel message! People were captivated by his stories, taking home probably much more because Christ met them through simple tales. This is without mentioning the awesome teacher he was!!!! What a role-model for me to follow (particularly with my own kiddos).

4) He loved his mother and obeyed her. The story of the Wedding at Cana where Christ peforms his first miracle has become such a favorite of mine. In it I can see the love and respect Christ has for his precious mother. She is a gem of a woman and Christ knows it. He models such a unique adoration for the Blessed Mother. Very rich, indeed!

5) He was human. Whenever I really want to feel close to Christ, I imagine Him sitting in the garden, awaiting his crucifixion. I hear Him crying and pleading with the Father for the world to be saved in another way; for Him to be spared death on the cross. I see a completely broken and fearful Christ. He was the Son of God, yet completely human. He shed real tears and felt real anguish. Sometimes my misery loves Christ's company. I'm so grateful He can truly understand....

I encourage Rachel, J, and Blair to share 5 things they also love about Jesus! Enjoy girls.

God bless.

No comments:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers