Friday, July 27, 2007

Mickey-D's

Yesterday while we were driving around town, M pointed out the window and said "ren ries" (french fries). Sure enough, we were passing a McDonald's on our right. How sad that he can already identify a McDonald's, but probably wouldn't be able to pick out Pres. George Bush from Adam (maybe that's not such a bad thing--j/k :). The McDonald's franchise has already roped and hog-tied my sweet 2-year-old. Those golden arches have lured him in... along with his mother! I'm to blame for feeding him such rubbish!

But aren't those french fries just the best?

And there are healthier options now too--hello, grilled chicken snack wraps? Maybe McD's is helping our children along the path of life, introducing them to choices and encouraging them to make the better ones. (Fat chance, but it sounds a little more redeeming, eh?)

Except for the french fries. They're always okay in my book.
As I write, I have them simmering in my belly, causing me to smile quite widely.
So good.

Hope you're having a good Friday too.
We'll let you know the latest Army news when it comes down the pipes. No word yet.
God bless.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I have a huge weakness for those fries. I simply cannot resist!

OH M said...

Are you your mother's daughter, or what? Do I hear McD's calling?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers