Wednesday, March 10, 2010

To My Children

Dear children,

Please wash your hands. Because if you wash your hands then you won't get sick. But if you do get sick, please do not throw up on the family room chenille throw. If you happen to throw up on the family room throw, washing it will cause all sorts of problems for your parents and the family dryer.

Mommy and Daddy will have to clean out the dryer vent hose in the middle of the night because none of the clothes are drying. Then Mommy will venture outside to find that it has snowed, but not the kind of snow you love, but instead chenille snow in fuzz form all over the flower beds. Mommy will then have to use the telescoping wand to clean out the outside vent. She might just break off one of the slats and then all the wonderful fuzz will come shooting out of the vent and rain down on the rest of our backyard. It will be so silly and not a sight you want to see, trust me.

So the bottom line, please just don't get sick. But even more importantly, please avoid vomiting on the throw. Thanks.
Your loving mother,

5 comments:

Jess said...

We've been having that problem with a red throw. We washed and dried it about a year ago, and it still leaves puffs of red stuff everywhere. My recommendation is throw the thing away and cut your losses. They don't wash and dry well.

FL M said...

This is just tooooo funny! Sorry to laugh at your expense, but these word pictures you write are just priceless!! (I just wish it didn't hurt to laugh)

B-Mama said...

Just so you all know, every time I come back to read this, I just crack up. It is ridiculous and I can't believe such havoc has been caused by a blanket! ha! Jess, I think I'm with you in throwing the thing away... :)

Carolina Girl said...

Oh no!! That sounds terrible...from start to finish. Here's hoping for a much better day!
I agree, next time they throw up on a blanket, just throw it away!!!

Kerry said...

hahah...this is funny. I hope the boys are feeling better!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers