Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Can It Be April Yet?

For some reason this month, the Gasperini-Ville budget has been difficult to maintain.

Could it be there are 31 days in March?? February was so short and good to us.
Could it be we're gearing up to welcome our little sweetheart in a few months? Girl bedding has arrived and we are working on the nursery decor. I'll post pics soon!
Could it be that car and home repairs crept in when we were doing so well...?

Could it be that we eat too much? :) haha
The latter is very possible, especially coming from the prego who could consume food at all hours of the day!

Whatever the reason, last week GG and I realized where we were heading for the month and put on the financial brakes. Since then, we have made a concerted effort to really conserve on expenses, including the grocery budget. And here's the outcome:

Sheer emptiness

Thank goodness the month ends tomorrow!!!!! lol
Nothing like an empty fridge and cupboard to challenge a mama toward creative cooking and snacking. We have worked through just about everything... which then motivated me to clean the fridge! woo hoo!! Good things come to those who conserve.

You'd better believe there will be some celebrating this Easter in Gasperini-Ville!
Lent will be over and our cupboards and bellies will be full.

In anticipation,

3 comments:

Kerry said...

I hear you on the budget in March... I have been begging for this month to be over bc we need groceries! Can't wait to see pics of MG's room!

FL M said...

I bet poor Custer couldn't even get a bone...the cupboard was bare, also, I bet!! ;)

Under the Fig Tree said...

This is SO funny, because I can totally relate. I think I have a piece of cheese, some grape juice, a cup of milk, and a lot of condiments. But I refuse to break my promise to myself on the budget. Come on April!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers