Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday Preggers

I've been getting a lot of requests lately for belly shots, so here you go--B-mama, in all my pregnant glory. The docs say I'm 25 weeks today (according to the 8-week ultrasound). I say its not until Wednesday (according to my charts). The discrepancy will surely play out with some drama around my due date when they are itching to induce me and I'm wishing to go overdue. We'll see how that goes... So, basically, this is me somewhere between 24.5 and 25 weeks prego!

I haven't posted belly shots yet because for some reason this time around I've been a lot more self conscious of the changes going on in my little prego body. Maybe its having a girl and getting ready to be upstaged by a daughter!? Maybe its as the folk lore says--girls wear you out! I definitely have noticed a lack of pregnancy glow this time around; in its place, pale pallor and then some!! Spring sunshine, I need you!

From here on out, though, I promise to post at least one shot a week to chronicle this little gal's growth. MG seems very sweet and complacent in utero. She appears to sleep a lot and only gives me an occasional jab. I do think she's turning a bunch because her movements are never consistently in the same place... So that's the latest on our baby girl. Hope you have a blessed Sunday!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I decided to check in on Gasperiniville today b/c I feel like I have to tell all your readers that you look WONDERFUL!!! What are you talking about... I think this is the first time you've ever lied in your life. :) I can only hope to look as fabulous as you in 4 weeks!!! xo Kat K

CSR said...

YOU LOOK WONDERFUL!!!!

Anonymous said...

B -- For the first time, I cringed at something you wrote: Please don't perpetuate the stereotype of competition between mothers and daughters. You won't be "upstaged" by your daughter...and I highly doubt she's more high maintenance than your boys already. You're better than this!!

FL M said...

Love the look, B-Mama and MG!

B-Mama said...

Anon, you're so right. I cringed writing it, but still put it out there because it is definitely a thought that has come across my mind once or twice.

I don't know what it is going to feel like to have a daughter. I can only imagine how proud I will be of her in every way. Just as with my boys, I will put forth her best before my anything, always. I just wonder if I'm getting a little heady about the gender differences and all. There has been so much hype about her girl-ness--I just want to love my baby as a baby, you know?!!

Lib said...

You look AMAZING!!!!! I'm 26 weeks pregnant today and I can tell you my belly is significantly bigger. HeHe. You always have a glow, you always look gorgeous, you are going to be the best mommy of a little girl ever. We can swap advice on these two new babies of ours, ok?

You also inspired me to post a prego pick...I've been slacking in that department too. Love you B!!!

Right Said Red said...

I think you look GREAT! Love you in red!

The Hamiltons said...

Are you sure this will be your FOURTH child? You look adorable :)

Elena said...

B mama I know you don't like to post your babies names,but I just saw on a friends Facebook where they spell out the babies name with blocks on the pregnant belly. You could do it each week and it would really show the change of your belly.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers