Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wednesday Already?

My apologies for being so distant this week!  I really have a hard time believing it's Wednesday already!!  Craziness...  Must be that I'm still coming down from SUCH a wonderful birthday weekend.  If turning 30th was this good, I'm up for all the birthdays in the future (even if it means I'm years older!  Cheers to increasing wisdom, right?) :)

GG and I had a wonderful, peaceful dinner out on Friday night.  No big parties, no fancy gifts, just the two of us, together and able to chat over dinner.  That's my kind of celebration.  We've gratefully realized each of us has a "sharing time" love language than trumps many of the others.  This is a real blessing because we're often on the same page when it comes to birthdays and holidays!  We ended the night at Mimi and Papa's (where the three boys were sleeping) and ended up sleeping over!!  It almost felt like we were away at a bed and breakfast.  Not too shabby! :)

After a 9-miler on Saturday morning, followed by a lovely afternoon shopping, I headed to Fredericksburg to meet some awesome friends from our years at Notre Dame.  We each drove halfway and met in the middle to celebrate my b-day!  These ladies are *incredible* women and it was absolutely such a heartwarming time seeing them.  They spoiled me with dinner, gifts, balloons, wine, and lots of love.  I felt so special.  Praise be to God for sisters in Christ on this road of life!!  He is so good to me.

Since then, we've all been laying low, focusing on life in Gasperini-Ville.  We are setting into place some new household systems, which I can't wait to write about in coming weeks!  So far, so good!!  Blessings to you mid-week!  Hope you have a great day...

3 comments:

sw said...

hey b-

glad to hear you had such a wonderful and relaxing birthday! i totally hear you on not having big parties or fancy gifts...definitely my kind of celebration. it's all about who you're w/ and spending quality time together.

on another note, i might be moving down to your region of the country, so who knows, maybe i'll see you soon!

-s

B-Mama said...

Oh sw, that would be so great if you ended up down here! Then we could really make that coffee date happen... Good luck with the job hunt! :)

Jenica Cory said...

I wish I could have been there with all the great ND girls! Sometimes I feel like us girls are old grad school friends! haha

Lilypie First Birthday tickers