Monday, January 26, 2009

Ode to Coffee

On a day like today, there was only one thing on my mind as I rolled out of bed--my cup of saving grace coffee!!  lol.  I penned this little ditty as the caffeine coursed through my limp and dragging soul!!  Enjoy! :)

Oh coffee, my coffee,
surge through my veins.
Spoil me with gusto
and give me caffeine.

How would I make it 
without you today
with chores beckoning
and laundry at bay?

Help me, oh coffee,
you sweet, bitter pill
Wake me and keep me
According to His Will.

For on this lone Monday
to my coffee I cling.
The day's sweet fruition
my coffee will bring.

;)

7 comments:

Lillian said...

LOL!! I have the same "problem" with hot tea!

Elso said...

I love it! I had to get out my emergency stash of coffee today to get through a long day of preschool, swimming lessons, grocery shopping and we haven't made it to the library yet. Whew! I love the poem.

Shannon said...

well aren't you just a most little clever poet! (either that or you were in withdrawal at the time!)

Carolina Girl said...

Only you would make coffee a literary event!! ha! Just kidding. Great poem...way to keep those creative juices flowing amidst toddlers! Sometimes I feel I'm getting dumber by the day...perhaps I should consider the literary opportunities I have! :)

Anonymous said...

OH M

I'll drink to that!!!

B-Mama said...

Kerry, yes, baby J awoke off schedule and you know how that feels the next morning!! :)

The Fighter Family... said...

Love this B!! I LOVE my coffee too:-) Nothing better than a nice, cozy, hot cup (or 2...or 3) in the morning!! Hope you had a great day!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers