Friday, January 30, 2009

For Posterity

I wrote to a friend from high school today, who asked how life was with three boys.  Here is an excerpt from my response.  After reading it over, I found my words to be rather telling and great for documenting my beloved boys and life as we know it right now in Gasperini-Ville.  It is important for me to take note of such things as the days pass.  I hope to one day look back on this time and reflect on the beauty and simplicity of these days!  For my dear readers, it offers you an additional glimpse into our little world...

"Otherwise, we are doing well and are super busy, as one might expect. My house never feels clean enough and nothing ever feels completely together, but we are happy and that means more than anything else. I'm having to give up perfectionism, which is hard after 30 years of knowing it as the only way. Oh life! :) One thing for certain: I am learning something new about myself every day; motherhood is no joke! :)

The boys are growing in leaps and bounds and are the cutest. T (2) spilled milk on himself yesterday while we were out and proceeded to finish his lunch before saying to me, "Mommy, I'm full of milk." What a dear! He was soaked, but never complained. Love him! :) We took out a pic of me at his age the other day and it was scary how much we looked like one another--GG responded, "Well, I guess my genes had nothing to do with that one!" lol.

M (4 on Feb. 5th) is absolutely strong-willed, dramatic, and full of personality. We expect him to take over the world someday. No problem for him. He is fiercely passionate and devoted to everything he deems important, especially his brothers. Pretty cute, yet he gives me an absolute run for my money!! I love him dearly!

And finally, J, (6mos. on the 5th) is by chance the sweetest baby on the planet. He is EASY, which is a saving grace for me. He smiles all the time and goes to sleep on his own and is quite content doing his own thing during the waking hours! God bless him! And he is CHUNKY as anything and loves his milk. Good boy. I could have a million more of him!! :) Isn't that scary?"

Have a blessed Friday!

5 comments:

Kerry said...

what a sweet letter! Loved reading all the different characteristics about each one of them. I too have given up on perfection and a spotless home. I do my best but my house feels so out of order sometimes. In the end, it is screaming babies wanting my attention or clean the house and most days I choose to sit and play. My house can be spotless in 20 years!

Shannon said...

you are the most beautiful, joy-filled writer! i so enjoy everything you write... it is well written, witty, loving... loved reading it, and your boys will too someday (as will their spouses!)

Carolina Girl said...

I agree with Shannon! You're the most beautiful, joy-filled writer! I love the letter!

Krissy said...

Poems and beautiful letters...you are so well rounded. I didn't seem to get any literary skills with my math/science brain. B and M seem to have a lot in common...and if we ever have another I sure hope it turns out like T!

T. Armstrong said...

That letter was so very sweet...and your boys will love hearing you read it to them sooner than later I am sure! :) How fast they get so big! Thanks for stopping in and leaving a sweet comment...our little one is beyond adorable and is my most content and peaceful baby yet...maybe it is a number 3 thing?!?!?!?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers