Saturday, January 3, 2009

Moving Forward

If only I was still as fast as 
when I was a hs freshman!  Glory Days! :)  lol.

Today I ran 10.5 miles with my team.  One of my running buddies is a woman named Anne.  Anne lost her only child, her son, 8 years ago to Leukemia.   He was a senior in high school and survived only six months from diagnosis.  Anne runs for him every day.  She is a heroine to me, but has suffered greatly since her son's passing-- an eating disorder, anxiety, extreme depression.  A blood cancer took away her only love in the world.  This year was the first year she was able to put up a Christmas tree.  Day by day; one step at a time.   She is also running the Shamrock Half-marathon and I'm honored to call her a teammate!

I was psyched, ready, and eager to run today thanks to the big fundraising push I've had going on in the last two days.  I plan to call Mickey later and let him know how great the support for him has been.  He will definitely cry.  That's my grandpa.

So here's the skinny: $835 left to raise.  I turn 30 this Friday, January 9th.  NEW GOAL: 30 donors by my 30th.  We have 10 down... 20 more donors to go!!!!  WE CAN DO IT!!!!  

Who's going to join us????  Is it you?

Hugs and warmth from Gasperini-Ville,
**Update Sunday 1/4: Awesome awesomeness!  You are rockin' it!!  $1375 raised to fight cancer with 16 donations since New Year!! $525 left to raise and 14 more gifts to reach 30 by my 30th!!!  Thank you so much!!!
***6pm: 4 more gifts in--10 to go to reach the goal!  You all are amazing!  I'm feeling loved--thanks so much!
****11pm: 2 more--$1570 raised, 22 gifts; $330 and 8 gifts to go!  Can I share how awesome this is?  I am just floored!  Praise God for all the amazing and generous hearts out there!  xoxo

No comments:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers