Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thoughts for Thursday

We started a Thursday tradition over at Building Cathedrals, so I thought I would try it out in Gasperini-Ville too! Fun, fun...

What am I cooking?
I hate to disappoint you, but tonight was Mac 'n Cheese and leftover night. We've been eating so much chicken lately (it was on sale for $1.79/lb.!!!! You know I stocked my freezer full!) that I decided to go easy on the boys and give them an "off" night where no one cried over what we were eating and no one had to stay behind to finish his meal. Picky children are exhausting!!! We are winning the battle, though. I'll have to share soon about some new signs I came up with to remind the boys of the foods they like...

What am I reading?
I have been dabbling in and out of Interior Freedom by Jacques Philippe now for a bit. It was a book given to me two years ago for my birthday by a sweet friend and I'm just getting around to reading it. So far, so good, if only I had more than a minute or two to offer for reading it!

What are my weekend plans?
My parents are coming into town tomorrow from FL, so we will be spending quality time with them. We will hit soccer games on Saturday morning and then GG and I have a date planned for Saturday evening up in DC. We are meeting up with P-ton friends for dinner while my parents watch the boys. Should be fun!! Sunday we'll do Mass, donuts, and more family time.

What are my prayer intentions for the day?
For my bro-in-law finishing up his tour in Afghanistan. For a friend enduring radiation while battling cancer for the second time. For another friend recovering from a serious car accident.

What can my children do instead of watching TV?
How about acting out one of the scenes from The Cat in the Hat, their new favorite TV program? haha I just happened to have a Dr. Seuss hat in our dress-up hat box. Thank the good Lord!

What is one product making my life a little easier?
My automatic can opener. I just press the button and walk away. It is incredible!

What have I done for my marriage this week?
I've been understanding when GG has needed to work late many nights this week, which means I handle the four kiddos on my own for bedtime. No small feat, but I know he doesn't do this on purpose. He'd much rather be at home with us, for sure!

What's challenging me lately?
Errands. And working them around MG's naptimes. Oh, how I look forward to the day when Gasperini-Ville is nap-free!

Something that made me think?
I was recalling to the boys about my childhood the other day and remembering a certain boy, Robert, who was really a bad apple at school. They were asking me all sorts of questions: "Yes, he went to the principal's office." "No, I never went to the principal's office." And so on... Pretty cute and funny. They seem to eat up stories of my past and I enjoy the trip down memory lane.

Blessings and happy TGIF tomorrow!

3 comments:

B-Mama said...

Red, so true, so true. I love squishy cheeks. They = cute, miniature people in our house and we do enjoy those cheeks.

Erin said...

We tried the new Cat in the Hat show on PBS last week too, but the graphics were too overwhelming for Sean. Unfortunately for me, he chose Mickey Mouse Clubhouse over Cat in the Hat. And now I'm all about the "what can my kids do instead of watching TV" question--especially at 8:30 a.m.!

Carolina Girl said...

Can't wait to hear about the weekend with your parents. I'm sure it was fun filled.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers