Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Crums

As in "Crummy".

That's how the day went today...
Clouds descended late last night when a family issue arose regarding an upcoming wedding.
They remained this morning as the boys and I floundered throughout our first hours together.
I learned of a friend's troubles.
We missed a playdate with some encouraging Catholic moms.
The boys argued more than usual and time-outs were prevalent.
Even sweet MG was not quite up to her usual happy self.
We were all just a little off.
To top it all off, upon traipsing out to the mailbox, I opened it to find a package that I had sent out earlier in the week to a friend who's birthday was today. The problem: not enough postage. My issue: I mailed it from one of those darned mail kiosks (mind them, with four! children in tow at 4:40pm!!!) and it printed out the wrong postage. Annoying!!!

Gasperini-Ville's current status: low clouds giving way to a clear night.
Tomorrow's prediction: blue skies, lots of sun.

Let's hope so!
Thank you, God, for cloudy days to remind me to look to the Son as the source of all things good and worthwhile.
Cheers to better tomorrows,

4 comments:

The Fighter Family... said...

Chin up B! Tomorrow will be better...we all have days like this and they are no fun. But if anyone can turn things around...you can:-) Hugs, hugs and more hugs!!

Carolina Girl said...

We had some major crummies here yesterday and they must have made it up to the east coast today.
Good news...today was bright and sunny...sending it your way my dear friend!

Eva said...

Sounds like you need a boost! Hi Amazing B - you still inspire ME!!!! :) Hope today is a better day! xoxo

Right Said Red said...

So sorry that I kept you on the phone so long chatting about my troubles! You are the best dear friend ever!!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers