Thursday, September 2, 2010

Beloved


Today we're focusing on LOVE in Gasperini-Ville.

We've been lacking it a bit among brothers and towards Mom, so we're tackling it head on. And who's the better teacher than God, himself, through His Word!

Two new posters went up near the dinner table, inspiring us toward greater love. Perhaps you need a little Biblical love boost? Read on!

"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God. Everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. He who does not love, does not know God, for God is love." 1 John 4:7-8 (this will also be taught in the version of a tune, which I hope the boys commit to memory and heart!)

"A friend loves at all times." Proverbs 17:17
And speaking of love, here's my little lovebug, herself...
And one of the boys this morning loving on their sister. She seems to be the sole family member being loved beyond capacity these days! lol.
Blessings for abounding love today,

4 comments:

FL G and P said...

Love, love, love you all! Great teachings from The Word. May you all have a Sonshiny, love-filled day!!

Thanks for the inspiration!

Tracy said...

Love the picture of little MG. What an adorable smile. And love that all of her brothers are loving her back! Thanks for sharing.

Right Said Red said...

They are all so cute! Love those signs ;-)

Rachel said...

Hey, B! I love that you are teaching your kids scripture through music! I actually have a Kid's Praise CD in my car right now with 1 John 4:7-8 on it! It's the same one my mom used to play for us as kids (in cassette form, of course). My siblings and I LOVED the whole series and now Tanner knows almost all of the songs by heart after just a few weeks. It totally makes my heart smile!

Anyways, I thought I would share the name of them with you if you're interested. Each CD has a little story with lots of music throughout and basically teaches kids how much God loves them and how to Love one another. If you Google "Psalty's Kids Praise" you should be able to find them :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers