Saturday, September 18, 2010

Blurry

From starting school to soccer to Jurassic Night...to the Oktoberfest...
Can you tell we've been a busy bunch?
The Gasperini-Ville town sign (not real) is a bit of a blur because we're moving so much. lol.

While I thought starting school would be a break for me, it really feels like its been just the opposite. Kids need to go here and picked up there. Baby needs to be fed at this time, then napped here. B-mama and GG are off to various commitments, then back together for a brief time again... It is hard to keep everything together and all of our schedules synced.

Then I begin to think about the future... all the events to come... and after-school extracurriculars. I begin to think about my schedule as a tween back in the day and I multiply it by four... and that's when I really begin to worry! Lord, help us!! We will just have to take it one year at a time. One year at a time. (keep repeating)

Which brings me to loving these four little ones. Man, they are lovable. I've been trying to love each of them very distinctly, in the way each of them needs it. It has been exhausting and wonderful all at the same time. Snuggles here, playing catch here, reading here. Busy and wonderful... But thank the good Lord I'm able to do it right now, physically, mentally, emotionally. He's providing and I am grateful. Most days He gives me just what I need to make it through the day and then I collapse.

But we're making it. And loving it. And feeling crazy within it.
Tonight we were at a local Catholic parish's Oktoberfest, our annual tradition. It was a blast and the kids always seem to enjoy themselves... But by the end we had 3 very wound up, slap happy boys who were running around and excessively loving on their sister. The 4 adults (us with Mimi and Papa!) were spent. We were a walking spectacle, for sure. At least it was a Catholic event, right?! :)

One day at a time.

Enjoy the posts below with updates on our family--just finally getting around to posting these after a whole week!! (T's school event is backdated)

Thanks for walking this road of life with us!
Blessings,

5 comments:

Carolina Girl said...

Oh B! I certainly don't know how you do it...and with an attitude of love throughout!

I only have one to tend to and I'm fearing how I will actually get anything done with two. Mostly I've been feeling sorry for myself...not attractive at all.

Here's to a new attitude this week!

orahoods said...

Another great post...you all ARE busy! It sounds like you're enjoying it, despite the exhaustion:) You have inspired, and rejuvenated me to be more in tune with both of my kids' love needs...thanks:)

Erin said...

Sounds like a "joyful chaos" at your home! Isn't that exactly what we all want? Sounds absolutely wonderful!

Christy said...

Yes. I know exactly what you mean. (said with a BIG sigh) And - that pic of James? My favorite so far!!! HIs cute little face is SO lovable!!!

Wynne Family said...

THE BEST JOB (AND BUSIEST) IN THE WORLD!! Fortunately for your kiddos, they have one of the best mommies in the world! You're doing a wonderful job and are an inspiration to the rest of us. Would love to chat for a short time when you get a free moment (haha!).

Love to all the Gasperinis!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers