Sunday, December 9, 2007

Holiday Sprites

A missing red ball... a disassembled needlepoint ornament... a strewn, metallic "Peace"...
All evidence of one, perhaps, two little ornament sprites, who descend upon my tree daily and play tricks on this mama. For the first time ever, our tree has a new display of ornaments depending on the hour. No matter what I do to try to hide, secure, maintain, etc., down the ornaments come and back they go, usually in a different spot than before.

So I guess you could say we have a rotating Christmas tree. My sprites are just making sure nothing becomes "stale" or expected in this season of Advent. Which is a good lesson for me as well--to renew my heart daily to the wonder of Christ in our midst; to anticipate with wonder (and with less expectation) the joyful event of His birth; to welcome Him at all times and in all different ways into my heart this holiday season.

Happy second Sunday of Advent. Our second purple candle shines tonight... God bless.

2 comments:

Jess said...

That is my favorite Christmas song - I love Josh Groban's voice. I also love how imaginative your boys are about the ornaments (aside from destructive).

Kerry said...

They are precious :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers