Monday, December 10, 2007

Dear Santa

Dear Santa Clause,

I'm just now beginning to acknowledge your (feigned) existence and I hear that you're the guy I need to ask for particular Christmas wishes. It must be pretty cool to be the one who gets to give everybody what they ask for (I do this to my little brother often.)

My mommy will attest to my constant pleading desires for "James", the Thomas the Tank Engine red engine #5. I love him and he's my very favorite Thomas character. I've even learned the number five faster than all the rest because I love James so... Could you please bring him to me for Christmas (and lead-free please)? You would make me the happiest little (yet well-written :) boy on the planet.

I've been a very good boy this year, with only a few (cough cough) infractions of which to speak. I help my mommy feed the dog every morning and night. I guide my little brother on the straight and narrow (and usually push him in the right direction.) I had my first successful day today in big boy underwear (with James on it, worth mentioning) and only had one accident while playing at the mall (what was my mommy thinking taking me there on my first day in underpants? I claim complete innocence.) Overall, despite my occasional lapses, I think I'm a pretty good kid (and my parents usually agree, also worth mentioning.)

On a side note, my little brother is pretty naughty. You should think twice before granting his Christmas wishes... Today, for example, he poured an entire canister of Comet on his lap (while my mommy was right there!) and made a huge mess. I thought my mommy was going to spring a leak, she was so angry. Definitely think twice about that little boy...

I digress. Please consider my wish, dear Santa Clause, and I would be ever so grateful if you decided to grant it.

Thanks a lot,
M
(way ahead of the curve in letter composition and sentence construction:)

3 comments:

Papa said...

Dear M:
I have it on good authority that Santa has a James Engine #5 in his sack for delivery on Christmas day to your tree in Virginia. Of couse, you must continue to be a good boy and be nice to your brother. Otherwise, Santa may forget to stop at your house.
Love, Papa

OH M said...

Oops, Papa,the Santa in Ohio has one ready for delivery here, too!! He's been a busy old elf making the new updated ones with lead-free paint!

va mama said...

Papa has been duly apprised of the gift situation. Uncle C needs to finesse his wish list via the Santa letters of M and T!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers