Tuesday, September 4, 2007

School Days

Today marked a HUGE milestone in Gasperini-Ville: M's first day of preschool. Though he's still only 2, GG and I felt he would really benefit from more organized play and socialization. He'll be attending the Tues./Thurs. morning program. And can I say, I just love the school!! They take a unit-based approach to learning and incorporate main themes into every means of play, art, reading, science, etc. Their philosophy rings very true to this former teacher's heart!

And guess who couldn't wait to get started...

M was "all systems go" from the beginning, offering mom a quick hug and "love you" before tearing off to his first exciting day of school. May this be the start of his love affair with school and learning (a chip off his parents' blocks).
Needless to say, the words "awesome school" and "great job school" were heard in the car on the way home. M was in heaven... When I asked him if he liked it, he replied with an emphatic "YES!!!" His teachers said it was as if he'd been around for a year. He had a wonderful first day.

And quite surprisingly, this mama was bereft of tears. I know, shocker! Why? I think because I know this is the *best* thing for our independent and confident little man. Will it always be best? We'll see. GG and I remain open to all schooling possibilities--homeschooling, parochial, public. It just depends on what's best for our kids. Praise God for the freedom to choose.

Cheers to new crayons, scissors, and glue! God bless.

5 comments:

Ryan and Amy said...

I'm so jealous!!!

I hope M had, and continues to have, a blast!!!

(Still crossing our fingers that something opens up)

Have a GREAT day,

Amy

va mama said...

Such an adorable big boy!!! Love the socks and "sneakers"..bye, bye to summer sandals and Robies.

CG said...

what a stud - the ladies will be all over him...new guy syndrome all the way.

Jessica said...

LOVE it! I hope M continues to enjoy school as much as Carlee Scott does. Will and I struggled with it in the beginning (guilty feelings) but she has greatly enjoyed it and has thrived, praise God. Keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

Yeah Matthew!!! Congratulations on happily getting thru your first day of school. No doubt you've already won the hearts of your classmates and teachers.
Catherine

Lilypie First Birthday tickers