Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A Name

Jude.

Sweet baby Jude.

GG and I decided on this name last night for our little soul. Because we really don't know the gender of the babe, I feel especially good that Jude (though a male saint) would appropriately fit either a boy or girl.

Jude Gasperini.

And can I take a moment to tell you about our Jude?
[Those of you who know me are aware that I'm somewhat of an open book. Therefore, I feel drawn to telling you about our child. This is my way of healing. Please refrain from reading if it makes you uncomfortable...]

Jude was about an inch big with perfect little human parts. I estimate his gestational age was around 9.5-10 weeks judging from his development. He had sweet little eyes and a large mouth (typical Gasperini! ;) His beautiful arms extended into tiny little hands with small finger buds. He was absolutely at peace while GG and I marveled at our Lord's creation in him. He was beautiful and I am so glad to have had the chance to know him in physical form.

We laid him to rest in a gorgeous crystal box with an etched cross on the lid given to us by our dear friends. We plan to bury him on campus near the breathtaking Grotto, where many go to offer petitions. What a holy place for our little one to eternally rest...

Pray for us, sweet baby Jude.

There's a little piece of my heart on this Tuesday morning.
God bless you and thanks for listening.

6 comments:

Amy Seiffert said...

Oh, sweet baby Jude!!! I love it. What a precious baby you have. You are a mother of 3 sweet children, B. I love you and I weep with you.

Kellie said...

Love the name. Great choice. Thank you for sharing. As always, I'm praying for you. Love and Big Hugs to you this morning.

Blair said...

How beautiful. What a wonderful name and what a gift that you were able to meet your child physically as well. Pray for us, little Jude!

B-Mama said...

Thank you all so much. Your prayers, words, and thoughts mean so much!!

liz g. said...

Our family is still praying with your family. Thanks for telling us the name.

Lillian said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. You're in my prayers.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers