Sunday, September 9, 2007

A random brownie comment

Ever encounter the "stir 30 strokes" instructions on a box of brownies?
Maddening!

Was that 29... or 31? Did I miscount? Are they too stirred or not stirred enough? Should there be chunks of powder remaining? Will they turn out or be the worst brownies ever?!?
This is torture for anyone remotely analytical!! There's too much grey!

Betty Crocker, take me away!!!

So I made her brownies this weekend.
All she asked of me was to "mix well".
Thank you, Betty.
God bless you, Betty.
Sweet dreams...

5 comments:

Jess said...

Argh, that's maddening. My personal pet peeve is "cook until golden brown" how brown is golden? Will I poison my guests with undercooked food??

oh m said...

What an analytical riot! No worries--undermixed and undercooked brownies are the best. Chunks or no chunks...they're melt-in-your mouth chocolicious!

B-Mama said...

And too funny--I just realized, while in the midst of baby brain onslaught, I was so delighted in the "mix well" that I forgot to add the eggs! Missing a few brain cells... :)

B-Mama said...

The real question: how'd you like the soup? I'm on the edge of my seat...

Anonymous said...

The soup was excellent. We finished off the last of it tonight, and it was smiles all around!

Ryan

Lilypie First Birthday tickers