Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to my mom and Mimi and all the wonderful mothers out there.  It is certainly one of my favorite holidays of the year.  Coupled with our anniversary and thanks to a special "Mother's Day Tea" with J and his class on Friday, it feels like I've been spoiled all weekend long!

J and his class started off by singing two songs for the mothers followed by yummy treats for all!  
Here's a nice shot of me and my boy--please overlook the full mouth! 
This is how we roll--all 3 youngest got to celebrate! :)  
For the real Mother's Day today, I was serenaded by all the kids as they brought me cards, flowers, and gifts this morning.  It was really sweet to see all the effort they had put forth into making things for me. ;)  I'll have to get a few shots to show you...  My favorite line on M's card was "Some clone loves you... some droid loves you..."  lol  We then headed to Mass and then later met Mimi and Papa for a lovely picnic at a local park.  We couldn't have asked for more beautiful weather.  The food was delicious (thanks Papa!), the grounds were beautiful, and everyone enjoyed our time together.

Our monkey T burned some climbing energy while the rest of us enjoyed the lower branches.
Mimi was an ever-present help, as always.  Doesn't she look fab? ;)  

These two were knit from the same cloth, I'm convinced.  Here they are stomping on a rock together...
And after seeing me snap my first shot, they immediately got together and posed.  So cute! 
GG and I hiked with the middle three down to some koi ponds while Mimi, Papa, baby G, and M lounged at the picnic site.  I was so proud of how tough the middle two boys were hiking around--little whining and lots of smiles.  :)
All in all it was a day equaling perfection.
Thank you, dear Lord, for this day and the ones to come.

God bless,

2 comments:

Donna said...

Just caught up on all the activities in G-ville! So glad you are blogging more! Happy Anniversary and Happy Mother's Day friend! You look adorable with your cute dress and scarf! :)

Carolina Girl said...

Happy Mother's Day and anniversary!
Loved reading about the carnival too. I vividly remember my elementary school carnivals!
You are surrounded by so much B-mama!! And I know your family is surrounded by your motherly love!
You've always been and continue to be a great example to me. Thank you.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers