Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Uh Oh

In the words of our sweet baby G, "uh oh" we've been letting things slide lately.

It hasn't been my intent to neglect things over here, just a mixture of life and sickness and hubbub.  The stomach virus plagued us for well over a week, passed from baby G to GG to M, T, and J, in that order.  The boys had a snow day worked in that just about saved us from complete exhaustion.

Everyone is back up to speed this week, but we have been busy supporting a dear friend with some health crises.  Additionally, I've been a busy bee tutoring up a storm and helping prepare kids for tests, quizzes, and the ongoing rat race of middle and high school.  How much I do love it, though.  The other day I declared to GG that I was giddy to do geometry that afternoon.  He just stared back.  lol.  I know I'm a total dork.

Spring is just around the corner.  Buds are showing up on trees.  The mulch guys will arrive in mere days to finish off the flower beds.  We have plans in the works for an outdoor patio set, fire pit, and new grill.  Our summer plans are hazy--I've decided to back off scheduling camps and the like and just have adventures with the kids.  We are going to join a pool and are hoping to have M on the swim team (maybe T too, depending on if we can get him to swim successfully across the pool!)  I took the boys on Sunday to practice at our indoor pool at the Y.  Swim instructor mommy saw great strides in all the kids, but especially M.  He is improving with leaps and bounds and working on his side breathing for freestyle.  So fun.  Years ago he was very resistant to learn, which is why it is so gratifying to see him close to swimming completely independently.  This reminds me that all things come in due time and that I shouldn't rush or be anxious for skills that are slower-in-coming.

On other fronts, MG is in a total 2yo diva phase.  She is moody, emotive, and chatty, but still as sweet as pie when she wants to be.  Potty training is going well again (we took a major step back after my last report) though she is attached to her blue floor potty.  The other day at Lowe's, I raced to the back of the store to find the restroom (she had politely let us know she had to go) only to arrive and have her completely meltdown that it wasn't her "blue one" and then proceed to pee on me and her.  Lovely.  "I am very disappointed with this choice" might have been heard echoing in the walls of the Lowe's bathroom as I cleaned...

Lastly, I just have to say that our little G is growing up overnight.  She is talking tons and much earlier than I remember the other kids--I swear I heard "apple" and "ball" the other day.  She is also saying "uh oh", "bye bye", "mama", "dada" and parroting lots of other words.  Don't blink--this baby girl is not going to be a baby for much longer!  If only I could get her to drink out of a bottle or sippy cup!  T minus 2 months until I wean and she needs a fluid source!!!  We'll figure it out...  We are also battling the early morning wake-up again and have been letting her CIO with no effect.  She does it morning after morning, so I'm going to see about increasing her dinner intake to help her last longer at night.

So there's the latest!
God bless you in the day to day,

2 comments:

Carolina Girl said...

Ahh, we are also in the midst of the 2 year old diva phase. You described it perfectly!

I also have to remember that things will come, especially with G. He's a bit of a late bloomer and pushing him has never helped. When he get it, he gets it and not a moment sooner.

Carolina Girl said...

Also, not sure if this is helpful, but Maggie wouldn't drink from a bottle or a regular sippy cup. She would drink from the straw sippy cups though. I know the age for the straw sippy cups is usually over 12 months, but it's the only thing I could get her to drink out of other than me!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers