Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Things I'm Loving Right Now

A few of the things that make me smile as of late...

* baby G and her baby-ness.  She is snuggly and sweet and chatty and I love every minute relating with this new little person.  I love her little crawling shuffles across the carpet.  She is discovering the world around her and taking great delight in all that she's finding.

* the boys and their inventiveness.  On Friday we hosted a little family party for our dear Papa on his birthday, complete with balloons and kid-inspired decorations and homemade pizza.  It was warm and together, just the way we like it (we hope Papa liked it too! ;)  Since we had extra balloons hanging around, the kids have been playing and hitting them into the air.  Yesterday T decided to turn one of the green ones into a pig (a la Angry Birds) and the game had begun...  So last night all the kids sat focused around the kitchen table creating all the characters from Angry Birds with the various colors of balloons.  They wrote on them with Sharpies and created faces, Darth Vader masks (a la Star Wars Angry Birds) and the like.  Afterward, they had such a blast putting green pigs all over various furniture in the house and blasting them with the bird balloons.  Oh, the joy of invention.

* MG's vivid relationships with her imaginary friends.  They are all so chummy and she laughs and plays with them all day.  It is adorably cute, but very apparent that this girl needs to get socializing!  We are going to be ramping up little friend playdates in the coming months.  Preschool next fall couldn't come soon enough.  I have to say, she and I will definitely enjoy spaces in our togetherness. ;)  Love that girl, but she is a handful these days!

* all the projects we are accomplishing around the house.  You know those pictures that have been sitting in the corner of your closet for... ahem... years.  And so you finally buy frames that fit and coordinate and then put the pictures into the frames and then... gasp... hang them on the wall.  WOW!  You have no idea what I'm talking about?  Come on over, I'll show you a hundred projects like that waiting in the wings!!!  Another one we accomplished this past weekend was painting our front piano room.  It sat for 5 years as a minty green (from the former owners) before we transformed it to a beautiful, rich gray on Saturday and Sunday.  It would have been just Saturday, but after completing the entire room, we decided we wanted to go darker...  oops.  Back to Lowe's and back to the drawing board for another day of painting.  But the outcome was worth it and every time I walk by, I smile.  Totally worth the extra time.  I'll post pics soon.

* the fact that Easter is in a week and a half, which means that we will be in FL in just over a week!  Woo hoo!!  One perk of having a newer van is that you can actually drive to long-distance places safely!!  We are excited.  I guess I better get packing... :)

* that I just tucked in my big boys and they were both intently reading their Bibles in bed.  Dear Lord, carve your Word on their hearts so that it may guide them on the straight and narrow.  M has become a reading fiend these days, devouring whatever he can get his hands on.  He is often up well into the night because he can't put a book down.  I fear for his bedtime, but secretly love it.  T's reading is heating up too and I'm starting to see greater independence and ability to digest more complicated sentences on his own.  Fun to watch them progress.

* my sleepy husband who just entered the room and needs a good snuggle...  I am off!

Blessings to you!

No comments:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers