Thursday, March 28, 2013

Boo Flu!

I wrote too soon.

Why do I always do that?
Today we confirmed our fears--baby G has type B flu.  Boo!

We thought our plan was to nix Florida if she tested positive, but when she did, we all felt so sad that we went looking for an alternate course of action.  We are keeping the angel G on Tamiflu, increasing her dose to help her muscle through it, and *hoping* this decreases the amount of time she suffers.  By the time we head to Florida on Saturday, she'll be day #5 and hopefully on the road to recovery.  This was her doc's idea and we're hoping its a good plan!!  Meanwhile, we're going to have my parents start Tamiflu as a preventative measure Saturday and pray pray they stay healthy (which they hopefully should.)  My sweet parents are willing to take the risk in order to have us there...  They're the best!

So, we're still heading to Florida.  Woo hoo! To say the kids are excited is an understatement.  When they learned last night that our trip might be canceled they were so sad, poor guys.  I am thrilled now that we get to move forward and have the hope of sun and sand still in our immediate future.  Thank you, Lord!

And I have new bathing suits, to boot.  My consolation to myself last night was that even if we weren't able to go, at least I bought suits on the front end of the season when the sizes were available.  Always looking for the silver lining.  ;)  I ended up taking the three younger ones shopping with me yesterday afternoon, which was surprisingly fun and cute.  At the rec of a friend, we started off at JCPenney and were actually surprised to find a lot of good styles from which to choose (and at a fraction of the cost).  The four of us crammed into the handicapped dressing room and the kids seemed entertained telling me what looked good.  J was cute--everything I tried on he liked--a good man in the works!  I need to encourage him to hang onto his positive reactions. :)  He even liked suits that I didn't like.  Good boy.   Thankfully, the good news is that we left with two tops that go with the same bottoms.  The other tankini is pink and super comfy, but maybe not the most flattering style.  I am definitely keeping the one  below and we'll see about the second top...

 photo IMG_8887_zpsd4411d4a.jpg
Suit #1--the keeper.  "Bandeau"-style which apparently is "in" this season.  I thought the colors were fun.
Here we are on the meager trip packing so far--you can see piles for 4 of 5 children, with Easter finest still to be added.  We've been debating taking the boys' sport coats, but are leaning toward khakis and polos to reduce the fuss.  They'll still look dapper.  The girls will wear simple cotton dresses with white sweater cardigans.  What will I wear, hmm...?  GG and my packing commences tonight.  We definitely have some work to do here!
 photo IMG_8886_zps43752277.jpg
Baby G, M, T, and J clothes ready to go, suits on top
As for Easter "baskets" (or bags since we're traveling), here's the loot.  Each child will get a book, swim toy, and additional toy (boys--small Legos and MG--stickers) and candy-filled eggs.  I may/may not add a stuffed bunny/chick (like they don't already have enough!!), but they do love them so.  My kids are big animal softies and I love them for it.  Gramz is planning to have hardboiled eggs waiting so we can dye them Saturday afternoon upon arrival.  T has already informed us that he plans to jump out of the car and run straight into the ocean.  lol.  The kid loves the beach. :)
 photo IMG_8889_zps2dafd600.jpg
Easter loot--candy might not make it to Sunday (Thanks to "help" from mom! :)
Off to get it all together.  I will hopefully write again with progress and blessings before our departure.  Tomorrow will be a solemn day, so the more I can get done tonight, the better...

Thanks, as always, for your love and support.

Blessings,

No comments:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers