Friday, March 22, 2013

Couch Chronicles

Happy Friday from G-Ville!
I am reporting to you from the couch this morning, stricken with the flu (type B)--the same type I was supposedly vaccinated against in November!  Shucks!  Thankfully I am the only one sick and the rest of the family is now on Tamiflu and has been living with Mimi and Papa to keep the kids away from sick old me and give me rest!  The kids have been weathering the changes well and have even started to accept seeing their strange mommy wearing a surgical mask around the house! ;)  I'm trying to keep the spread of germs around here to a minimum, especially since I'm still hanging with this sweet angel...

 photo IMG_8865_zps2eb14095.jpg
Wouldn't you feel better after looking at this sweet face?
Unfortunately babies don't take time off nursing for a sick mama to heal!  Thankfully she is so ridiculously happy these days, I can't get enough of her.  She is a joy to be around.  She is crawling everywhere and has started to say "Hi", which is so darn cute.  Love her!

Meanwhile, I promised to share pictures of my newest fave room in the house--our glorified gray piano room...
 photo IMG_8858_zps7d5169df.jpg
My new happy place
 photo IMG_8862_zps29dd359d.jpg
Love the gray!  Color pop furniture and rug to come... 
Isn't it fun?  We changed the angle of the piano, which now opens up an area for a colorful rug, love seat sofa, and accent chairs.  Can't wait!  I walk in and am immediately excited, especially thinking about creating such an inviting space for our boys to create beautiful music.  They are making great progress with the piano.  I love, love, love our teacher.  First thing, he is male, which is cool for boys to have a male role model for music.  Secondly, he's so patient and inspiring.  He works so well with them and makes it appealing.  M is almost to the age when he can join our piano teacher's "School of Rock", a collection of students who become a band and create music together.  So cool!  I think he would love this...  They don't always love the practicing, but they do love their teacher, so I am eager to complete the room to make it that much more inspiring!

Lastly, I wanted to show you our collection of baby photos from all the kids' ~9mos. photo shoots:
 photo IMG_8869_zps3ea90d75.jpg
Our line-up of sweet angels, ready to be hung on the wall in our bedroom.
Can't believe we are (finally) getting this done!
I bid you adieu from G-ville couchland and hope to report in when we are well and back in the land of the living!
God bless for a great weekend,

4 comments:

FL M said...

Sniff, sniff...sad you are suffering!

Shannon said...

Feel better, B!

Sylvia said...

Prayers for a quick recovery, B-Mama! P.S. Love love love the piano room!

Donna said...

Just caught up on your blog tonight- what a fun, fun trip you guys had! I'm so glad MG was feeling better by Disney. And I LOVE this room- the color is perfect! We also have a front piano room/study that I go sit in all the time- it is always clean and pretty and makes me happy before I walk back to the hot mess that is our den. :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers