Friday, October 28, 2011

Gold All Around

You know when G's run, we run for the GOLD...
We have faithful supporters and fans...
We work our hardest and emerge from the crowd...
To surprise ourselves with a job well done (2nd place!)
This year's Golden Shoe race in gym class was yet another year of fun and excitement for our M. Runner mama can't help but go watch and cheer and he never disappoints. As you can see from the start, there were over 40 kids in his race and our little man placed second behind another classmate from his room. He's hoping today his class' meter average will give them enough to win the coveted 1st Grade Golden Shoe. We can only hope!! He now cost mom and dad 12 cans of food to be donated to the school's Thanksgiving food drive... 2 cans/lap! We're going to have to watch it in future years. :) Great job, buddy!

Later on this week, MG and I had the chance to celebrate the fall party with our J...
Mama cooked up a pinecone owl craft (ask me if can I feel my fingers after all that felt cutting?)
Overall, we had one happy J, who loved the party and especially loved having mommy there!
Today, it's onto fall party #2 for T's class. The owls are making a reappearance (poor scissor hands!) and mom is thrilled to get my classroom party commitment checked off the list so early in the year!

God bless,

3 comments:

OH G said...

Way to go Mr. Runner M!! Love that J loved his party and the crafty lady otherwise known as "Mommy"! Great Job, G-Ville!

Carolina Girl said...

Way to go M!! Those owls are very crafty! You are the best scissor cutter I know! I remember those puppies you cut out for M's room back in CO. I couldn't believe how perfect they were! Lol. Now, when I'm cutting things out, I always think, how would B do it. Ha! I'm totally serious! Smart mama to sign up for fall parties all around...just one craft to think up.

Morrisons said...

The owls look great! I might have to borrow that idea from you sometime. :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers