Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Ahh... Coffee at 6pm.

If that's what it's going to take, then I'm going to do it. Brewing coffee pot at 6pm. Here I am.

While cooking dinner tonight, I felt that familiar evening lag. It's the one that leaves me hanging while finishing the evening responsibilities. I am breathless as I muster the energy for baths and bedtimes and reading. I am spent as we say prayers and wander out into a home needing to be re-vamped for the next day. I crash on the couch, or on top of the covers, or on the floor of the hallway (really) only to awaken in the morning with fuzzy teeth and old clothes. Ugh.

Enter coffee.

Hello laundry basket, overflowing with clothes. Nice to fold you.
Hello husband, home from work and seeking smiles. Nice to love you.
Hello blog, sitting idle and untouched for days. Nice to write you.
Hello coffee, abandoned for some time, but now revisited. At 6pm. In the evening. Nice to imbibe you and feel your caffeinated wonder. How I've needed you.

Welcome back, old friend; even the 6pm version of you.
Here's to hoping I sleep okay tonight! ;)

7 comments:

OH M said...

Sweet Dreams...I hope!

Right Said Red said...

And were you able to sleep?!?

Jaime said...

hahahahha. I love this.:) Big hug. Wish I could be there to help you!:)

B-Mama said...

Yes, sleep came just fine! And I didn't pass out somewhere random like usual! ;) Can I get an amen??

OH M said...

AMEN! Here's to a cuppa Joe!!

Shannon said...

hi again! yumm to the coffee!

Queen B said...

I totally feel you over here. Evening coffee with dinner may become need to become a staple for me these days ;) Love it!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers