Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday Shorts

Happy Friday, dear ones...
These are the morning tidbits from our little world (published much, much later because I got pulled away from the computer...)
1) It is chilly and wonderful this morning. The air has a crisp feel to it. Very autumn; very thrilling. MG is napping. I'm computering. And J is playing/watching Mickey Mouse club (his morning fix). Soon we will be heading off on a run and finishing up with errands to the craft store. I am making the little invites for MG's baptism coming up in a couple weeks (the rush order was way too expensive to order online...) Trust me, I normally wouldn't choose to be so crafty; money and time are definitely fueling this venture! :)

2) Today marks our annual MOPS Trunk or Treat, where my little munchkins will be scurrying from one mother's car trunk to another in the church parking lot. Too cute!! You bet our "Hallow-Mimi" has been hard at work this week creating our little arachnid get-ups. We had a sneak peek this morning and THEY ARE AWESOME. She's so talented!! I can't wait to show you! (We had the event tonight and it was much fun. The boys and MG looked great...)

3) I've informally started half marathon training! When will I be running one??? Not sure yet, but at least this is giving me a running schedule and easing me back into miles. I'm using the program I followed for my Leukemia and Lymphoma half two years ago. Good stuff. Part of this will be useful when I help my friend finish the last 8 of her marathon coming up in November. I'm really looking forward to it--I had a friend do the same for me when I ran the Columbus Marathon back in '03 and it was uber-helpful! Hopefully some fresh legs and a little encouragement can do the trick for her too.

4) I did Jillian's (Biggest Loser) Shredded 1 workout on Wednesday (thanks to FIOS On Demand) and *boy* am I sore!! I actually took yesterday off to recover more and then am going to try to get in some miles today. Gotta get these old legs going. ;)

5) Speaking of running, M's school had a running competition earlier in the week to help raise canned goods for a local charity. Each child ran 6 minutes during gym class and the parents then pledged a can per lap. Suffice it to say, we are now paying up! M did awesome!! J, MG, and I were able to head down to cheer for him... He strategized Tuesday morning, "Mom, I'm going to run 19 laps!!" We had to talk him down, reminding him it was only 6 minutes. "Pace yourself," I told him, "You'll see a lot of classmates starting off sprinting and then they won't be able to keep running. Just run a strong pace." (Yes, yes, I was that competitive, scheming parent! haha but only because my kid was into it, I swear!) M made it almost 5 and 1/2 laps for the effort, a good 3/4 lap farther than anyone in his class. The lady even said he went farther than some second graders. He charged the whole time and didn't seem to be winded at the end (oh youth!) That's our boy! :) You know the runner mama in me was so proud. We are still waiting to hear the outcome of the Golden Shoe Award--the class with the highest yards/child average. We'll keep you posted... (I know you'll be on the edge of your seats! lol)
Strong stride!

Afterward, being congratulated by friends.

We are headed into the weekend full steam ahead. To end, I leave with some pics from our pumpkin patch trip last weekend... Blessings all!


7 comments:

Tracy said...

Enjoyed the update. Way to go M!!! Sounds like you have another runner in the family. Can't wait to see all of your crew in their costumes! We are headed to the pumpkin farm tomorrow - can't wait.
Happy Weekend.

Right Said Red said...

Ooh my gosh, I want that picture of James in a 5 X 7 for the wall in our playroom!

Love the pumpkin shots!

OH G and P said...

Beautiful fall pics! Great job, M! Following in Mommy's footsteps!!

The Ballee Girls said...

Oh goodness the boys are getting so big - they are such handsome kids! And M's stride is awesome, indeed!

Carolina Girl said...

Look at M go!!
I can't wait to see Mimi's creations! I'm a huge fan of the lobster and chef costumes a few years ago. They were fantastic!

Krissy said...

Cute, cute. I wish I had you at the end of either of my marathons :) I ran the Army Ten Miler Sunday and it was fantastic. So nice to feel back in shape- even if my time was ten minutes slower than last year ;-)

B-Mama said...

Krissy, SO very impressed that you have already done a 10-mile race!! I'm aiming for such a feat in at least a month... Great job! Halloween costume pics are COMING!! :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers