Friday, February 25, 2011

Mothering Highs


Without a doubt, one of the highs of motherhood is getting to laugh with the kids. Shared laughter is pretty wonderful.

So yesterday, as the boys, MG, and I walked into Lowes together in the rain (no umbrella), I noticed that our M was huddled to my back right. "What are you doing, M?" I asked. "Using your purse umbrella," he responded.

I don't know what it was about the moment, but his response totally struck me funny. The boys and I giggled as we walked in, completely soaked save for the purse umbrella. I noticed a lady watching us from the side--she initially must have thought we looked pretty ridiculous all huddled together, but then smiled as she saw us laughing. It warmed my heart.

Thank you, dear Lord, for moments like these to refresh me.
Thank you for rain and splashy boys and sweet, raindropped baby girls in arms.
It is precious seconds like these that renew me on this marathon journey...

TGIF and blessings,

3 comments:

Elena said...

Love it!

Carolina Girl said...

Ah, you beat me to it. I was going to post about laughter too as M is starting to laugh now. It's THE BEST. I'm glad the rain didn't get you down.

Those moments are definitely the highs that get us through the lows.

FL M said...

Love the giggles!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers