Friday, January 28, 2011

Well, Well, Well

I'm happy to report all pistons are firing on this tip top Friday morning in G-ville, thanks be to God!

As the mom of this household, I am feeling rather accomplished this morning. "Why?" you ask.
Here's our Friday list:
1) We beat this bug:
As the day wore on Wednesday with no change in T's fever and continued stomach discomfort, it began to sound like a frog had taken residence in his throat. One look at his tonsils and I knew he had Strep. A visit to the local kid clinic that evening confirmed it. Momtuition. Moms just know. Some ibuprofen, antibiotics, and a special trip to Wal.greens with mom to buy microwave popcorn (and get the rest of the meds) and T was a shiny new man. Fantastico!

2) Meanwhile, MG accomplished this:
That's right, our little lady is sitting!! A quick aside-- from the beginning, T has given her the nickname "Sitty" (don't ask; I have no idea how this name came to be!), but now our "Sitty" is sitting. So cute!! We couldn't be more excited about it (this picture kills me):
3) I did 7 loads of laundry yesterday!! woo hoo!!! And I changed the boys' sheets on their bunk beds. I do this every 2 weeks, but had been putting it off this week. You should come over sometime and watch the process--it is an accomplishment every time.

4) I checked this little write-up off my list this morning. You might enjoy a quick read.

5) GG and I are gearing up for an awesome weekend as Catholic Engaged Encounter presenters in Virginia Beach! Our talks are in order, we've practiced a bit, and we head out this evening with MG in tow. The boys are looking forward to a wonderful weekend with Mimi and Papa (thank you!!) I hope to report great things from the weekend on Monday.

God bless for a great one,

4 comments:

Lillian said...

Oh, my! Your little princess is so big and precious!!!

FL M said...

Glad that T is now on the mend. Poor guy!

Here's to a wonderful weekend with little MG sitting by your side. lol How cute she is!! And looking a bit proud, I'd say!

Also,prayers for Mimi and Papa as they hold down the fort with the other 3!

orahoods said...

Yay for MG sitting...and that face! I love it...too cute:) Glad to hear everyone is feeling better!

Teacher-Mom said...

Congrats on your laundry accomplishments- bunk beds are no fun when it comes to changing sheets! Good luck this weekend, I'm sure the two of you will be shining examples in the path of the God. Way to go MG- you look like the princess that you are, sitting so big and tall. Glad to hear that T is on the mend. Popcorn can cure just about anything! :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers