Thursday, May 28, 2009

Yankees Passing Through

What a grand time we had with friends who visited this past weekend from NY. They were on a whirlwind trip and graced us with a stop along the way. Gasperini-Ville came to life in their presence as they are wonderful with the littlest ones. They brought their own little guy to the mix--wee Luke (3 mos.) fit right into the bunch and was an adorable addition. The boys would have adopted him as a new brother without question!


A few thoughts flood my mind as I think about our time together:

1) Good, Christian friendships are to be cherished. We so enjoyed rich conversation talking about everything from work to childrearing, always with Christ at the forefront and the Church's teachings as a framework. How blessed GG and I are to have so many of these relationships to foster from back in college. Now, we need to continue to find and strengthen such community in our immediate surroundings--no easy task but we appreciated the encouragement from our dear friends!

2) It is so important for GG and I to introduce our boys to positive, Christian male rolemodels. The boys lit up around Mr. Geoff and would have followed him to the end of the earth. It is clear how well they respond to someone who takes a keen interest in them; how influential these types of positive relationships really can be.

3) Laughter is wonderful and the best way to deal with children. Our friends were quick to find humor in the boys (e.g. "Extreme Gardening"--M watering plants with his bike helmet on. Good one, Mr. Geoff!) and I loved sharing in the laughs. Sometimes I think I take my "job" too seriously. Gotta try to work on this... :)

Thanks G fam for beautifying our weekend!

2 comments:

Carolina Girl said...

Sounds like a great visit! I know what you mean about taking your job too seriously. I often just need to relax...let the to do list go for a day...and just be and laugh.

Donna said...

Iron sharpens iron for sure. I LOVE Godly friendships and we have found so many likeminded friends here. I'm glad you have great folks in your life and were encouraged.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers