Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Look Back

We had a whirlwind weekend, which is why I'm thrilled to have energy back! (btw, check out all the W's in that last sentence! Go alliteration! :)

Bottom line: I LOVE living in a city that celebrates everything, even wonder dogs jumping into a large swimming pool! Saturday after a morning birthday party at Chuck-E's for M, we headed downtown for the Ultimate Air Dogs Competition that was part of a larger James "RiverRock" event. Cool Stuff! The boys couldn't see super well, but we still had fun and managed to meet up with a buddy of GG's and his family. Here is a shot of SuperDad shlepping all the kids!We had fun watching the dogs and then mosied down the way to listen to some of the bands and have lunch. Everyone feasted on various disgusting festival foods--who orders Sesame Chicken at an event like this? Moi, of course! :) Baby J dined on sweet potatoes and cereal while propped in his backback. Sweet, redface boy!
Later we found the James River Foundation Tent and the boys and I marveled at all sorts of wonderful creatures, including a Corn Snake (state snake of Virginia) and two types of turtles. The Biology teacher in me was giddy... it was awesome to see the boys so enraptured with things I find so exciting. We stayed at the tent for probably close to a half hour listening about turtles and their adaptations, lifestyle patterns, etc. Now we have a few more things for which to look when we head down to the neighborhood pond! And yes, I realize I'm a total science nerd. ;)


Here is a cute shot of GG and J--isn't J the cutest, smiliest? I just couldn't get enough of this pic!
To round out the weekend, we joyfully welcomed Jaime, our dear friend from college to visit Saturday evening and Sunday. The boys were *thrilled* to see her again--her visit felt supercharged with boy energy. Hopefully we didn't wear you out, Jaim! It was so fun to see her and re-connect after some time. Here she is holding J, whom she met for the first time this weekend.
We, of course, had to pause for one final '01 roommate shot before she took off. GG was trying to make me laugh because he thinks a lot of our photos are of me with a fake smile. What? :) In the end, though, I think the result looks a bit goofy. Oh well! (And yes, that is the slowly shrinking pile of mulch still in our driveway. Who has time for yard work with all this fun to be had?)
There's a candid look at weekend life in Gasperini-Ville... Thanks for checking in!
God bless! Hope your Wednesday is wonderful.

3 comments:

Carolina Girl said...

Wow! What a full and wonderful weekend. Glad to also read that you're feeling better and back to getting a full nights sleep! Halleluiah!

Jaime said...

B'! I had so much fun!:) I love "my" boys!:) Hugs sweet girl!

orahoods said...

Great pictures and great fun! Those dog competitions crack me up but I've yet to see one in person! I bet the boys loved it! I love the picture of GG with ALL the boys...so great! Baby J's smile is so adorable...he looks like a happy boy!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers