Monday, May 18, 2009

Springy Steps

It was amazing to stop and recognize a familiar something Saturday night after a very full day.
You know what it wasn't? fatigue
You know what it was? ENERGY! (woo hoo!)
B-mama is BACK!!!

And then it hit me that this is the first time in a long time that I've been getting enough sleep.
Two pregnancies, a miscarriage, J's birth last August and resulting sleep deprivation that comes with a newborn, a half marathon in March, mono in April... to now. We've just weaned J off of his 4am feeding (he was too cute to thwart!), which means this is the first time in over a year (at least) that I've been sleeping straight stretches. Just in the nick of time to kick this mono thing into the past for good.

And by golly, it feels GOOD!
So good that I did my first workout tonight on the elliptical.
Somebody hold me back. ;)
Weekend pics to come tomorrow... Off to sleep.

3 comments:

Kerry said...

Yay! So glad to hear you are feeling better, rested and back to yourself! Now don't over do it and keep getting lots of sleep!

Right Said Red said...

So glad you are feeling better! Don't push it too fast with all those workouts or you will wind up right back where you started!

B-Mama said...

You will all be happy to know I went to bed last night (collapsed) at 8:30pm!! I'm definitely getting my rest! :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers