Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Staying Afloat

Hello beloveds...  
Just writing to let you know we're here and we're surviving (by the skin of our teeth!) :)

I have to say the juggling act of three children is still such a mystery to me.  To think that one day it will be old hat... WOW!  Not quite there yet.  Actually, we're just barely keeping our heads above water, so I will have to pray for such an outcome someday! :)  

As of today, we are officially unpacked from all of our vacationing.  The wedding on Saturday was wonderful and Princeton (once again) charmed the pants off us!  I just adore the place--it really gets cuter and more quaint with each visit!!!  And while seeing our favorite Father Tom (who officiated the wedding on Saturday and our wedding 6+ years ago), we were able to secure a date for Baby J's baptism in October for up in P-town!  Now we have the excuse to go back, catch a fall football game, see great friends, and have one of the world's greatest priests baptize our precious boy.  What fun!

And I'll end on a REAL moment in Gasperini-Ville: the dreaded opening of the bin of old clothes this evening.  Why did I even do it??!  I knew they wouldn't come close to fitting yet, but I did it anyway and wound up depressing myself with each tug.  Ho hum.  Oh the joys of a postpartum body.  Any mothers out there hear me on this one?  Yes, yes, be patient, B-mama.  It will come back.  I know.  

Okay, off to have some pie. ;) *wink*  That should help. 
God bless you tonight!!

4 comments:

Carolina Girl said...

I hear ya loud and clear sista!
And yes, pie does help! :)
I was stunned that I looked 6 mos prego after delivering our big boy! I'm STILL wondering 6 mos later if my belly will EVER get back to normal. It doesn't help that I'm a stress eater...when G cries, I EAT!! :)

Rachel said...

You are a brave woman! I don't think I worked up the confidence to try on my pre-pregnancy wardrobe until at least 3-4 mos after Tanner was born! And I was STILL having trouble squeezing my fanny into them at 6 mos. postpartum. Be good to yourself and just think of all the awesome things your body has done for you -- namely finishing a few marathons and carrying three lovely boys! And enjoy that pie while your still nursing!

Oh yes ... just one more thing. Don't be afraid to continue wearing those maternity clothes! I thought the elastic waist was just wonderful -- no buttons or zippers to worry about -- just slide 'em on and off! I actually found myself forgetting to zip my pants quite often after transitioning back into regular jeans! Ha Ha!

Lib said...

Well I hope that pie was awesome on Tuesday night. I agree, something along those lines (usually ice cream for me) always makes a stressful day as MOM much better! I know you will make it through these hard weeks. Once that baby is sleepin through the night you will feel like a new woman!! I am praying for you and we WILL chat one of these days very soon. I love you B!

texas mommy said...

After having packed away maternity clothes a week earlier, my belly is swollen again from the appendectomy! I am refusing to get them back out, so I've worn running shorts all week.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers