Thursday, September 11, 2008

Loving our Daddy

Today as our GG left for work, I couldn't help but think of the calamity of our lives if he were never to return.  (Fear is a REAL area of weakness for me and I feel like I'm offering it up in prayer constantly!)  How the boys would miss him and ask for him constantly (as they already do when he's away!); how I would ache for his love, support, and companionship...
And then I remembered that today is 9/11 and I'm so saddened at how appropriate these thoughts are for this depressing anniversary.  

So rather than wallow in sadness and fear, we are going to rejoice today in our working, loving, supporting daddy and praise God for every day we have with him!  God bless America!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

what fun! I just loved the video, B! how precious for your boys to spend time with their great dad.

(J's cries are quite sweet too!)

Kat said...

I also have a major problem with fear, B-Mama, for my hubby and my kiddos...I suppose it just comes with the territory.

I love the video, and Maria really liked watching it as well - she was bouncing along with the boys, and every time that baby J cried, she got a very concerned look on her face. Too cute! :)

B-Mama said...

Glad you all enjoyed a "slice of our lives" via the video. J's cries were sweet, weren't they? I call those the "cat cries" because to me he sounds like a sweet kitten. :)

Blessings to you, Kat, as you all prepare for Ike!!! Hugs to Maria and my sweet godson, C!

Carolina Girl said...

Looks like your boys are getting ready for the Gasperini-ville 500! Very cute. And J's little sqwauks are adorable. He's saying, let me play mama!! :) Love your family!

CG said...

haha - love the squish face

Lilypie First Birthday tickers