Friday, September 19, 2008

Java Joy

It's no secret how much I adore a cup of Starbucks, but I have to admit that today my love for the coffee giant was taken to a whole new level...

I was heading across town to meet up with a friend and had promised to arrive with 'bucks in hand for our get-together. She has the same favorite drink (!), so away I went to the only drive-thru in town, ordering two nonfat, decaf, grande Cafe Americanos. Magnifico! With kids in tow, I was off, coffee laden and quite happy to be venturing out on a Friday morning. No sooner had I turned the nearest corner, though (ominous music begins to play), but BOTH drinks tipped in the car and dumped all over the front carpet of our van! Ugh! It was a HUGE mess... But rather than get all worked up, I merely turned the car around and headed back to Starbucks to hang my head and get more drinks. (When the promise of a cup of Starbucks is there, I can't be without!)

So I pulled back up to the drive-thru and quickly placed my order. The girl soon recognized that, indeed, I was the same customer who had before ordered two nonfat, decaf, grande Cafe Americanos. I explained about my incident and without skipping a beat, she had me pull around to the window, unload my cups for a refill, and offered me two towels to mop up my car!!!!!! She couldn't have been any nicer. Moments later (and not a dime poorer), I once again pulled away from Starbucks, this time with two Cafe Americanos in a provided drink holder and also a WHOLE NEW appreciation for this larger-than-life franchise with small town courtesy.

Bravo Starbucks. Bravo!
And God bless you today! Drink up! :)

5 comments:

Shannon said...

a great story!!! hope you doubly enjoyed your cup o' joe!

T. Armstrong said...

I don't know how you kept your cool when you spilled the coffees all over your van floor! Definitely admirable! And, how awesome that they were so gracious and helpful. Amazing how you can see God in all the little things in everyday life!

Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog! Would love to get pics of your boys if you are ever our way! :)

Have a great weekend!

Jessica said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!! What is our deal with bringing Starbucks to people and then having them spill?! I'm so glad to know they treated you well when you went back. Oh how I love the 'bucks. Have a good night! :)

kat k said...

Our morning would have been just as fun without the 'bucks but it was such a treat, thank you! I'm just sorry it was so much trouble! :) My treat next go round!

Carolina Girl said...

Don't you just LOVE great customer service. It seems it can be rare to find these days. Starbucks is great for it and so is Chic Fil A!
Glad you were able to enjoy some java and time with friends!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers