Monday, September 15, 2008

Getting Political Through Prayer

I just received this email message and thought it blog-worthy!  I have been so impressed by Gov. Sarah Palin--to be a wife, mother, governor, and vice presidential nominee has to take its toll on this amazing woman!  She needs all the prayers she can get...

"Sarah Palin is a born-again, Spirit-filled Godly person who said "yes" when asked recently to serve her country. Since then, Gov. Palin asked my daughter Rosanne, who is part of her staff in Anchorage, for prayer, and so over the weekend Rosanne and I put together the attached "Psalm for Sarah for 66." It's intercessory prayer using Psalm 27 for the 66 days between the date of Sarah's accepting McCain's offer and election day, Nov. 4; it's not about who wins the election or about politics or your voting choice.

We've sent it to a number of Christians across the county so would you also pray for Gov. Palin in this Esther-like time of her life? You might also pass it along or copy any one who might pray. If this request is offensive to you, I apologize.

Rosemary Dupras


A Psalm for Sarah for 66 Days:
Sixty-six Days of Intercession for Gov. Sarah Palin according to Psalm 27. Pray for Sarah, husband Todd, sons Track, baby Trig, daughters Bristol, Willow, Piper, from August 29 through November 4.

Pray for:
*Singleness of Vision, Moral Clarity
Ps 27:1a - The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?
*Fearlessness, Boldness
Ps 27:1b - The Lord is the defense of my life; Whom shall I dread?
Protection from Libel, Slander, Hatred, Persecution
Ps 27:2 - When [not "if"] evildoers came upon me to devour my flesh, my adversaries and my enemies, they stumbled and fell.
*Confidence in Christ, a Guarded Heart
Ps 27:3 - Though a host encamp against me, My heart will not fear; Though war arise against me, in spite of this I shall be confident.
*Priorities Devotions, Rest, Balance
Ps 27:4 - One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to meditate in His temple.
*Deliverance, Favor
Ps 27:5 - For in the day of trouble He will conceal me in His tabernacle; In the secret place of His tent He will hide me; He will lift me up on a rock.
*An Overcoming Spirit, a Higher Perspective
Ps 27:6 - And now my head will be lifted up above my enemies around me; And I will offer in His tent sacrifices with shouts of joy. I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord.
*Direction, Wisdom, Surefootedness
Ps 27:7, 11 - Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice, and be gracious to me and answer me. . . . Teach me Thy way, O Lord and lead me in a level path because of my foes.
*A Release of Faith, an Expectancy of Good,
Ps 27:13 - I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
*Strength, Courage, Endurance,
Ps 27:14 - Wait for the Lord; Be strong and let your heart take courage. Yes, wait for the Lord. And let Your kingdom come and let Your will be done.

7 comments:

Leah Moss said...

awesome post! We were at ND this weekend, wishing all you law friends were there too! I'd love to catch up soon. Hugs to you and your boys

Jess said...

B-Mama, you know I respect you and your opinions more than I can say, and I do agree that Palin could use our prayers to handle all that comes to her in the next weeks, but I have to disagree that she's the best for our country. I find her inexperience with any international stage unnerving. And I don't know if this makes me an anti-feminist, but I think her family needs her more than the country right now.

Emily said...

Just wanted to say how much I enjoy reading your blog. Your faith in God and family is an inspiration to me. I also want to tell you I totally agree with you about Sarah Palin. She is a strong Christian woman who I believe will be a great asset to our country as VP.

Anonymous said...

I agree with "jess"' sentiment about completely repsecting B-Mama's opinions and intelligence to the nth degree. But, I must say that Sarah Palin is fascinating and could be an asset to our country but not as VP right now! My prayers are with her and her family. I also ask for prayerful and informed discernment as we vote on November 4th for the next President of the United States.

B-Mama said...

Thanks to everyone for their input! I appreciate that the blogging world can be an opportunity for rational political discussion. And I appreciate ALL of my readers, both Democrat and Republican! I echo anonymous' thoughts for a prayer-filled approach to our discernment in voting on November 4th. Nothing better for which to pray!!!

Regardless of our political stances, I think we can all agree to pray for women in positions of influence in the US--for their fortitude, clear thinking, and call to wear many hats for their families and jobs!

allyouwhohope said...

I'm so excited about Sarah Palin! Thanks for sharing this prayer. I am among those who she has gotten so excited about this campaign! I already knew who I was voting for, but she has just taken my interest to a new level. It's so wonderful to see a woman, or any politician for that matter, who loves God and is pro-life and is not afraid to say it!

Kerry said...

I got this email too B! I am so impressed by her and think she is a great choice for VP. She certainly needs prayer bc it is beyond tough for women to enter into the political scene and not be put through the ringer. Only she and her husband can discern whether her families needs are greater than her call to duty and desire to serve!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers