Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What Makes My Heart Swell

Mother's Day Teas at school--complete with projects that say, "Mommy is pretty", cards uttering, "I Love You, Mommy", cookies with gobs of icing put on by the kids, hugs and general squeezes, smiles and sweet songs. These are fantastic little celebrations that make my heart swell so!
Little boys dressed in uniform before a game. They are so coordinated and cute. Here's my little RockHound, who steals second base and his mama's heart. (What also makes my heart swell is knowing the money I saved by taking this picture myself, rather than ordering one for $30 through the photography company. How I love frugality!)
Young brothers and sisters, who sit by and idly watch, content and loving. My crew is pretty tolerant and wonderful. Don't these faces make your heart swell? Total mommy love.
"Kindergarten Rocks" concerts where we watch our young man sing and gesture and wiggle. We also watch him during times of silliness with good friends. Ahh, youth. Your enjoyment, M, makes my heart swell, indeed.

Little boys who fall asleep just about anywhere. That's what makes a mama's heart swell. Especially when little boys are content to sleep on a chair with alternating leg jerks that periodically wake him up. This is how I found him and then off to bed he went, carried by a mama who loves him to the moon and back.
Last and definitely least (but still worth mentioning!), a fun, new, decorative organization tool like this one. GG hung it last night--our new mail and key caddy. Thank the good Lord! Does organization make anyone else's heart swell as much as it does mine? I just keep looking at it today and getting giddy all over again. How life is in the little things for me.
Thank you, dear Lord, for an overflowing heart!
**To top off the goodness, we heard fantastic news today that Baby Stefano has gained 2 oz. (which is a lot for a little 2lb'er!) and his parents were able to hold him! He is doing as well as can be expected. Praise God!

4 comments:

OH M said...

Joy, joy, joy! Love the little and big things that bring it to you. Mainly the ones WHO bring it to you!! Praises for baby Stefano's miraculous life!

Queen B said...

These are beautiful, B. Such special days and a very precious crew. We have been praying for Baby Stefano and will continue to do so. We praise God for his progress!

orahoods said...

I can see how they would do that to you! What a sweet family:)

Gatehouse Academy reviews said...

Love it !! It's when you're overcome with emotions in a good sense. Like when someone you love says they love you. Or someone tells you something that just makes you so very happy.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers