Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Cup of Tea?

I warmed some water in the microwave this morning--it was to be a Green Tea morning and I was excited about drinking my favorite tea for a little morning boost. It had been a few days.

I popped the cup in the microwave and away I went...

2 hours and a million microwave reminder beeps later, I finally realized the cup was still sitting in the microwave, now cold. I punched in the numbers again and this time was quick to get the cup after warming. In went the tea bag and down went the cup on the counter to brew...

2 hours and a trip to the preschool to run the end-of-the-year party and back and I finally found that cup of tea still sitting there. Daggone cup of tea! Back in the microwave it went to warm up.

And yet still it sits here, hours later, ignored and overlooked thanks to lunches and legos and little ladies who needed to be put to bed.

I'm almost grossed out by the thought of tea right now, but I will drink this. I will. It is a metaphor for my life right now--I must conquer it! Tea time, anyone? Wish I could beam you here to chat!

God bless and enjoy your tea,

5 comments:

OH M said...

Tea for two...sounds cozy!

I hope that maybe tomorrow you will enjoy that spot in your day where you can sit...just for a moment, and drink that elusive cup. Cheers!!

B-Mama said...

Wish I could have my mama here to share that cup! Soon... soon... xoxo

OH M said...

Perhaps a cuppa in PA? Maybe even a Starbucks?

Carol said...

OMG- I do this ALL the time! I thought it was just me. Sometimes I don't discover my reheated coffee (K-cups aren't cheap!) until the next day. Oh well. It isn't quite the same feeling as finding money in your jeans pocket...Congratulations on surviving another school year and enjoy the summer with your team.

Carolina Girl said...

I'm guilty also. When Mags was a newbie I did it all of the time. Now, I don't even try to have a cup. Ha!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers