Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sitting Back, Appreciating

What a wonderful weekend it has been...

We've been able to commune with family, with good friends. We had a blast with Red and family--we were having such a good time, we took nary a picture. Shux! We'll just have to let the memories live on in our minds. Highlights for me included chatting with Red at the kitchen table, watching the kids play in the yard, relishing an afternoon hail storm and seeing the kids' excitement, eating a yummy dinner, the result of fruits of labor, watching basketball and talking Church in the late hours of the night. Goodness.

I've been able to run and meet goals; to go beyond myself. You can't beat a road race that just feels good. I felt strong and focused the whole way and was pleased that my goals were reasonable for the amount I was able to train. I would have liked to get more runs in, but for now, my kids need me more than the gym does and that's okay. As long as I can go out and enjoy a run or two like this one, I'm a satisfied mama.

I've been able to worship my Lord in Mass and at home; in prayer; in marriage. I am reminded how good Lent is for GG and I.

I've been able to kick back this afternoon and revel in extended family and the prospect of a fun evening of catechesis with family friends of ours.

I've been able to love friends in their time of need and feel their love in return. Nothing like the goodness of helping others. I need to remember this always.

To top it off, the sun is shining to make a beautiful day.
God bless you,

2 comments:

Right Said Red said...

And we had a fabulous time. So good to see you and catch up. Excellent job hosting!!!!!

Another huge congratulations on your race! You ran an amazing time and should be so proud.

FL M said...

So happy that your race went well, and you had such a great time with Red's family!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers