Monday, April 25, 2011

Entirely Florida

The G-Clan had a wonderful, wonderful time in FL. The boys took to the ocean and pool by the end of the week. GG recovered enough from a horrible cold and the rest of us managed to stay relatively healthy. Gramz and Pappy spoiled us with lots of play time, good food, and great company. GG and I even had a date night one night out at a local seafood restaurant on the river. It was perfect!

We spent one afternoon out at a southern beach and pier. While we were there, we had the privilege of seeing a bunch of surfing dolphins. Report has it they stay close to the surfers when there are sharks around. Perhaps protecting them? Anthropomorphizing for sure (that's for you, Jess R.!) New Smyrna Beach is just across the inlet and is known as "Shark Bite Capital" with more shark attacks than anywhere in the world. Exciting! :)




Another afternoon, the boys, GG, Pappy, and I played mini-golf. We had a fantastic time! This was a surprise bc we never know how activities like these are going to go... After hole #1, the little guys were so into it and the grown-ups were on a high that we had found such a good venue. I led GG by 2 going into #17 (Pap was our caddy) before crumbling by 2 strokes that hole and another 2 on #18. Sad mama. GG wanted me to take a picture of the scorecard for posterity sake, but I refused. ;) He had bragging rights the rest of the trip. How I hate to lose!
Little J actually led the boys for the first 3 holes!



Can you tell everyone was completely wiped out? We still had a great time.

To round out the week, we had more ocean and pool fun. M rode some more waves, J and T gave it a one-time try, and the boys really enjoyed these inner tubes at the beach and pool. Our little MG even got some beach action the last afternoon. Yes, she managed to eat her baby-rite-of-passage handful of sand. Check that off the list of milestones.





All in all, what a great trip! We send our love and thanks to Florida G and P for an awesome time!! Thank you for so selflessly giving of yourselves to make a fun trip for us! xoxo

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was such a wonderful time making memories with all of you!! Let's do it again and again...with promises for more date nights for you and a healthy GG!!!!

Jess said...

Caught the reference B-Mama! Stay away from the sharks - I just watched JAWS.

Right Said Red said...

So many great photos! Looks like you had a blast!

Carolina Girl said...

I have so many comments. First, so glad you had a wonderful time. There is something so rejuvenating about a week at the beach with family. We used to do that and I loved it. Next, love the competitive putt-putt. B and I are the same way. lol. Third, do u still have the ballerina bathing suit? i'm picturing trying to get out all of that sand! I think I might have to take my losses on that one.ha! And finally... I can't believe that giraffe print stroller is still strolling'. Have I seen all of your babes in that one?;) love ya!

B-Mama said...

Oh yes, the ballerina bathing suit is still intact as is the giraffe stroller. You're right, it has gracefully carried each of our children--you can't beat a good umbrella stroller! Love it. Someday I'll get a Maclaren and then I won't have any kids left. Lol. Xoxox

B-Mama said...

Oh yes, the ballerina bathing suit is still intact as is the giraffe stroller. You're right, it has gracefully carried each of our children--you can't beat a good umbrella stroller! Love it. Someday I'll get a Maclaren and then I won't have any kids left. Lol. Xoxox

Carol said...

Beautiful photos, beautiful family. Glad you all made it home safely! Looking forward to the year we both make it to Reunions!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers